Picture taken of Helen Walters Taylor at Parham School located in Williamson County on Leipers Creek Road in 1949. Mrs. Taylor taught at Parham School before her marriage to W.T. Taylor when she began teaching in Bethel. Photograph courtesy of Maury County Archives; picture description courtesy of her daughter, Tandie Taylor Fox.
Currently, this local history project is on hold. I hope to one day get back to recording stories again. Hearing memories and stories of our local history is something I really truly enjoyed. Thank you.
- If you would like to share your own personal story or share the historical experiences on behalf of another person please fill out the contact form below.
- Historical experiences for this project should be based in or around the Fly, Kinderhook, Water Valley, Hilltown, Goshen, Bethel, and Santa Fe communities.
- Thank you to Nett and her staff, interviews will be held at Nett’s Country Store.
- Bring with you any old photos to scan and share your story which will be posted on this site.
- All participants will be videotaped and audio recorded for archival purposes, and to ensure complete accuracy of the story.
- A release form will need to be signed in order to participate.
- Lastly, thank you for participating in this project! With your help we will be able to preserve the rich history of our area!
If you are interested in volunteering your time
- Volunteers will be needed to help with conducting interviews, scanning pictures as well as documenting about each picture, transcribing and/or summarizing the audiotapes, photography, and any follow-up associated with this project.
- Please fill out the contact form below if you are interested in volunteering with this project.